Herein lies details on how to find the Chinese Visa office in Hong Kong from the metro/mrt. It is not difficult to find if you know where it is.
The first time I went I ended up walking around in circles because I didn't know exactly what I was looking for. Following is a description of the fastest route I found to the office from the metro.
* Take the blue line on the metro to Wan Chai Station.
* Go out Exit A5.
* Walk straight out the exit and follow signs toward the Convention Centre.
* Follow the walkway over about 3 roads.
* Before entering Immigration Tower, turn right and go down stairs.
* Walk 50 meters through courtyard, keeping the road on your right. You should approach the corner where there is a crossing.
* Go over the road towards the bridge.
* Once over the road, keep left and go under bridge, not up the stairs.
* Once under the bridge, cross over the road twice and you'll be right there by the entrance to the Visa Office.
Further warnings and info:
* No big bags are allowed through the front door. So basically, if it's got wheels, it's probably too big. Back packs and hand bags are okay.
* You need to pass any small bag you have through a security scanner so obviously don't take anything too dubious with you.
* At the elevator go to the 7th floor.
* On the 7th floor, walk in and turn right and tell the guy you want a visa. He'll give you an application which you need to fill in completely (he will check).
* Once application is filled in take it back to the chap that gave it to you and he'll give you a number.
* Once you have this number you wait for your turn to hand in your application at the front.
Hope that helps someone, someday.